Since its emergence in the 1940s, the rock music industry has been a volatile, restless creature that has continuously evolved and reinvented itself. As the number of modern sub-genres grows, audiences are splitting off into niche communities of concert goers. Accordingly, smaller venues are asserting their dominance.
In response to this trend, PromoWest Productions – the Midwest’s largest independent entertainment company – successfully inaugurated a new era of concerts with their unique indoor-outdoor venue, LC Pavilion, in Columbus, Ohio. The massive success of the LC led them to establish a similar entertainment site in the Pittsburgh market called Stage AE. PromoWest hired WD Partners to design, engineer and build the new venue.
Stage AE Stats
- Main floor: 22,305 sq. ft.
- Second floor: 13,931 sq. ft.
- Indoor capacity: 2400
- Outdoor capacity: 5500
- Main outdoor plaza capacity: 750
- Indoor club capacity: 300
- One-of-a-kind reversible stage
- Advanced acoustical systems
- State-of-the-art lighting